ADVANTAGES OF TRAVELLING BY TRAIN
After arriving home to find her husband completely crazy, the young literary editor Helga Pato is forced to put him into a psychiatric clinic in the north of the country. On the return train journey, a stranger, to help pass the time, suddenly asks her: “Would you like me to tell you about my life?” He is Ángel Sanagustín, a psychiatrist who Works in the clinic where Helga’s husband was admitted, and he is investigating the story of the worst clinical case he has ever come across, that of Martin Urales de Úbeda, an extremely dangerous paranoid, obsessed with, among other things, garbage.
After finishing Martin´s story, Ángel says goodbye to Helga and disappears, but he has left behind a file full of stories. Helga is fascinated by them and decides to try to publish them. With this objective, Helga begins a search for Ángel. The problem is that she mistakes narrators with authors, and authors with characters.
TITLE: Advantages of Travelling by Train
DURATION: 102 mins
PRODUCED BY: Merry Colomer, Leire Apellániz and Juan Gordon
DIRECTED BY: Aritz Moreno
WRITTEN BY: Javier Gullón Vara
CAST:Luis Tosar, Ernesto Federico Alterio Bacaicoa, Pilar Castro
- 4 Goya Award nominations (2020)
- 7 nominations for the Feroz Awards (2020)
- Winner of the Premio Feroz (2020) for Best Comedy
- 1 nomination for the Jose Maria Forque Awards (2020)
- Black Nights Film Festival (2019)
- Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia (2019)
- Tiff Tokyo International Film Festival (2019)